A Multi-Tasking Weekend

USYesterday, hubby and I celebrated three years of wedded bliss. Okay not bliss exactly but good times. Marriage is hard work after all. But the good outweighs the bad.

I decided Saturday morning I was going to tackle my Christmas list. I wanted to get it finished so I wouldn’t have to worry about it the next week (the last shopping weekend before Christmas). Hubby had some shopping to do, too, but his involved buying a new bathtub (we are mid-renovation in the bathroom). We went our separate ways. I took the kiddo with me and, armed with list, started hitting the stores.

I went to Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, World Market (woof – that place was NUTS) but World Market didn’t have what I was looking for, so it was off to the liquor store (yes, that totally hurt my feelings). I bought seven bottles of wine. SEVEN. Four belong to us because I had to replenish our supply but the remaining bottles are gifts. Then it was on to Walgreen’s for some other small odds and ends. Then Starbucks to round out the shopping trip.

I knocked out all but one thing for my shopping — the kiddo’s present. Though he was very specific on what he wanted and he picked it out at the store. I really wanted to buy it that day but I didn’t think I could get away with buying it in front of him. So back at home Saturday afternoon, husband is back with the tub and walls. I did more decorating outside. And then we got ready for our big date night to celebrate our anniversary.

We went to Del Frisco’s and stuffed ourselves silly. We had some terrific wine and lovely steaks. I added sautéed mushrooms to mine and they were delicious. We had dessert but I couldn’t tell you what the name of it was. It was some lovely concoction that was like a chocolate milkshake for grown-ups – with cream de cacao and some sort of other liqueur. Really yummy. I had a 12-year-old scotch on the rocks as well. AWESOME stuff, let me tell you. And nope, can’t remember the name of that either. But believe me, it was smooth.

The kiddo spent the night with his grandparents so we had the evening to ourselves. After dinner, we walked around downtown a bit but was a butt cold and we ended up leaving to head back to our nice warm house.

Since I didn’t get the kid’s last present on Saturday, we got going early and headed out to the store. Of course, when I got to Target, they had sold out of the Lego thing he wanted. ARGH. But we got the few groceries we needed and then headed across town to the other Target. Luckily, they had three left. So I scored. Then it was off to pick up the kid. Got home and baked bacon chocolate chip cookies. They sound gross but they’re actually very good! I now have about 6 dozen cookies done and ready to start packing up. But I’m not done. I want to make two more kinds of cookies. I’m going to try to get that done this week.

While I baked, I worked on making another glass block. The husband continued renovations in the bathroom. Football played on the TV and laundry was in the washer/dryer. Yep – totally multi-tasking. By the time Once Upon A Time came on, I was beat and ready to sit for an hour. Love where they are taking the show and can’t wait to see what happens with the rest of the season!

Now it’s Monday again. One more full week of work and then I’m off the week of Christmas. SO looking forward to that time off! And this week I’ve got to get everything packaged, wrapped, and finished so I can relax and not kill myself. Oh, yeah, and WRITE. I have a book to finish. Egads.

By Michelle

I wish you all could be inside my head. The conversation is sparkling.