Kiddo woke up Thursday morning at 4 am throwing up. It continued through the morning. I had a deadline at work so I had to take him to the grandparents so I could get my work done. I left around noon and got him. He was feeling better. By the evening, he was even better and went to school on Friday. I went back to work.

Friday night I started feeling awful. Bad stomach ache and I just knew. I crawled onto the bed and laid there until nearly 10 when it hit me. About an hour later, the kiddo got sick again. Same thing. We were up every 30 mins to an hour, both of us. Me with him or me by myself.

And the one time he gets to the bathroom, he’s sitting on the floor BY the toilet…and throws up all over the floor. In my head I screamed, “WTH?!?!” and of course I did somewhat yell at him for doing it RIGHT NEXT TO THE TOILET. At that point, I was ready to stab myself in the eye.

Instead, I got the mop and bucket and cleaned it up. Isn’t this fun? You have NO idea…

I finally made it to morning. The kiddo was doing being sick around 6 am and we finally got some sleep. I didn’t crawl out of bed until after 11 this morning when my phone rang. The poor grandparents got it, too. Ack. So, we’re all sick. Except for Man and I’m waiting to see if it’s going to hit him tonight.

It’s definitely a bad ass stomach virius. I haven’t been this sick in years and I don’t want to repeat it. EVER.

The kiddo and I managed to eat something finally but I still don’t feel 100%. At least I got a hot shower and that helped. And then I made the kiddo take one, too. I have all the sickie towels, bed linens and clothes in the washer on super hot, major cleaning.

We had plans to go to the movies today but now, not so much. We’ll be sticking to the house drinking Sprite, water, eating soup, and just trying to recover.

And as soon as I’m able, I have to scrub down both bathrooms. Ah, being an adult and a parent rocks…

By Michelle

I wish you all could be inside my head. The conversation is sparkling.