Back to work

Well I didn’t get picked yesterday. I was glad as the case was a criminal one – aggravated assault with intent to do bodily harm. The defense attorney asked all those present (about 60 of us) if we could consider probation for a charge like that. My response was no. I’m sure that’s why I was kicked out.

It was a very long day. I got there on time, checked in and proceeded to the jury room. They made the court assigments and mine was to fill out a questionnaire and report back at 1:00 pm. I was released at 10. So I went to the office and got some work done. The courthouse is actually within walking distance, so that was nice that I didn’t have to pay to park OR take the bus from the remote free parking. Back to the courthouse, there was a lot of sitting around and waiting, listening to the attorneys, sitting and waiting. And let me just say the benches in the court rooms are NOT comfortable. Hard as a rock after you sit there for a good thirty minutes. Made me tired.

They finally made a jury selection by 5:30. It was a mixed group of people – young and old. In fact I was surprised they chose several folks who could be more than 25.

Anyway, I worried I was going to be picked since I was right on the front row and I was #7. Eek. I was very relieved when the judge skipped over my name. I collected by $6 and was on my merry way.

I picked up the Sweetie Boy and we had dinner at Chick-Fil-A becuase I couldn’t bear the thought of cooking anything. By the time I hit the door it was after 6:30. After dinner, we walked to the mailbox and got the mail, then hung out together on the couch watching cartoons until time to go. It was relaxing and just what I needed.

Dropped off the baby and then came back and checked my email. I didn’t have much energy to do anything else, so I climbed into bed and read my book. I think I must have passed out shortly after 10.

And then of course I woke up at 5:30 this morning! Ah well.

We have a parent-teacher meeting at the baby’s new school. They are going to give him some tests to see if he really is ready for kindergarten. I’m looking forward to it.

At least I feel more rested today than I have in days, which is good. I finally slept all through the night!

Oh – and by the way – the book is #3. 😉

By Michelle

I wish you all could be inside my head. The conversation is sparkling.