It’s still cloudy and cold here. I can’t recall an easter where I actually had to wear a long sleeved shirt and a jacket. It was positively freezing outside when the kids did the Easter egg hunt.

At least it wasn’t raining.

Yesterday was interesting. Sweetie woke me up early wimpering. When I finally stumbled out of bed, I realized there was no power. Weird. So I collected him, his flashlight, Sparky (the stuffed dog) and Blankie and put him in my bed. With him settled, I froze as I went into the garage and checked the breaker box – they were all on. Then it was off to call TXU.

It took me three tries to get through to them. It kept forcing me to do their automated system and it was ticking me off. I just wanted a real live person to talk to. Finally got one and reported the outage. They asked me if I had checked the breakers – DUH – and I said yes. She told me it would be a couple of hours. I laid back down with the baby. The phone rang. It was TXU again confirming an outage and did I check with the neighbors?

Now. I don’t know about you, but I didn’t think it was wise to go knocking on my neighbor’s door at 6:30 am on Easter Sunday morning. So instead, I stood outside in the freezing cold in my shorts and t-shirt and looked to see if they had lights on. I couldn’t tell because, again, it was early morning. I told the guy no and then he had the gall to ask me if I had checked the breaker box. Um. Yeah. Thanks.

Back to sleep. I’m sleeping good and so is the baby. The doorbell rings. It’s about 8ish by this time. I throw on a robe and answer the door. I get the same freaking questions. Did I ask the neighbors? Did I check the breaker box?

Okay, just because I’m female doesn’t me I’m a MORON. Sheesh.

He says he’ll check it out. And back to bed I go because it’s warm there. About 30 minutes later the power kicks on and I hear the heat come on.

We slept until 10! And then it was like a mad dash to get stuff done before going to Mom’s.  We baked cookies. I showered and got dressed, got everything together and then we were off.

At Mom’s, we had a yummy dinner and then the kids colored eggs. After they were dry and we were all sleepy from the heavy food, we hid eggs. And by the early evening, it was time to hit the road. I still had laundry and stuff to do at home.

I was so exhausted by the time I hit the house. I fixed the baby some dinner (I bypassed) and then sat down on the couch to relax until 8 when I had to put him in the tub.

No such luck on relaxing. He climbed all over me. Apparently, he was in need of my undivided attention. So we played for 45 minutes before bathtime. By the time, he hit the bed, he was out in a matter of minutes. Which was great for me. I watched some TV and tried like heck to stay awake for The Tudors but just couldn’t. Good thing I DVR’d it.

I finally climbed in bed after 11 and that was, of course, when The Man called (he was closing laste night) and we chatted for a bit. Then txt’d until after midnight.

And of course, I’m tired again this morning. But the baby is up and watching cartoons and I’m sitting here blogging and about to go turn on the work computer and get busy.

By Michelle

I wish you all could be inside my head. The conversation is sparkling.