Free Book Friday
Today Iâ€™m running a little contest for a free copy of A BEND IN TIME. Weâ€™re going to play the Movie Quote Game in which you, the reader, will have to identify all FIVE movie quotes listed below. Match the quote with the appropriate movie. What, you didnâ€™t think I was just going to GIVE it away did you? 😉
You must identify the movie quotes by matching them with the corresponding letter.
POST your answers in the comment section below.
First THREE folks to identify all five movies correctly wins.
Yes. That’s right. I’m giving away THREE copies in your choice of format!
1. â€œI donâ€™t know Iâ€™m making this up as I go.â€
2. â€œWelcome to Earth!â€
3. â€œWhen you used to tell me that you chase tornadoes, deep down I thought it was just a metaphor.â€
4. â€œThe first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks.â€
5. â€œCome with me if you want to live.â€
6. â€œHokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.â€
7. â€œLook, we’ve got front row tickets to the end of the earth!â€
8. â€œYou fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is â€˜Never get involved in a land war in Asiaâ€™, but only slightly less well known is this: â€˜Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line.â€™.â€
9. â€œYou seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?â€
10. â€œI’m the most wanted man on my island. But I’m not on my island.â€
B. Pirates of the Caribbean
C. Independence Day
D. The Terminator
E. The Princess Bride
F. Raiders of the Lost Ark
J. Star Wars
I started working on Take Me Iâ€™m Yours the other day. The first line that came to mind, for some odd reason was a male voice. And then I wrote this big long scene at a sidewalk cafÃ© that appears in Nice Girls Do. It sort of moved on from there, but I still have no real plot. I so hate the fake engagement thing, but thatâ€™s where it sort of led and Iâ€™d really like to get out of that.
I guess Iâ€™ll know the plot when it hits me though. Like with NGD. I wrote the bulk of it in two weeks. When I get the urge and know where I want to go with a story, I can pound it out. I guess Iâ€™m one of those spurt writers. I write in spurts when I know what I want to do. But when I have no direction, I sort of just flounder around.
Anyway, lately Iâ€™ve been bitten by the bug to write and Iâ€™ve started working on MAGIC UNTOUCHED which is NOT on the agenda to write. But you know, I figured Iâ€™d just go with it and see where it goes. There are two other stories I need to be working on right now â€“ not this one. Maybe I can split my time between them. But I know me â€“ I get sucked into one project and then it consumes me and thatâ€™s all I want to work on. For now, Iâ€™ll just stay the course.
Happy Friday everyone!