From Happy to Foul in 2.3 Seconds

Confessions of a Shopaholic quote of the day:
Why do people say they “caught” an exhibition, by the way? It’s not as though all the paintings were thundering past like bulls at Pamplona.

I was crying with laughter when I read that.


Yesterday was an interesting day. It started off like any other day. Normal except for the fact that I’m sleeping for :censored:. I drove to work and as I was listening to my favorite morning show (because you see I no longer have XM Radio because I’m too cheap to have it installed in my new car), I was taken slightly aback when I heard my own voice coming out of the speakers.

They do this thing every Tuesday called “Ask Us Stuff” day and they have a hot line so I called and left a message last week. I was laughing my butt off when I heard my question and they were cracking up about how weird it was.

Hey it was legitimate. I wanted to know if there were any smart, sexy, handsome men available who didn’t already have boyfriends.

And by the way I sounded like I was about 12 on the radio.

It made me laugh anyway.

So I got to work, made coffee, read email, did all my normal things. People began arriving in a steady flow. A few came by my desk to say hello and chat a minute. I cracked up the plumbing engineer on his way to a meeting.

And then…poof…good feelings gone. It was like someone had flipped a switch and suddenly I realized I was sitting at my desk, working, and it pissed me off. I don’t know why. Usually when this happens, I find a target. Someone I know I can spar with and they won’t get their feelings hurt. There is one such someone in the office, but I’m not naming any names.

So I went to this person and we insulted each other for about 20 minutes. It just so happens this person also has a certain piece of software I need on an occasional basis to complete my job duties on said person’s computer. I needed to utilize it so it gave me time to work AND insult. It was greatness, I swear.

By the time I hit my desk after sparring, it was lunchtime. I felt immensly better.

And I’m getting a new OCR program on my computer. Oh, did I mention I just got FrontPage too? See, my boss loves me to pieces so I get just about anything I ask for which unnerves IT. He says he’s my “software fairy” and I tell him – hey, when you’re royalty, you get whatever you want and please call me Her Royal Majesty from now on.


Anyway, the day ended up better than those few minutes when I decided it might be better it drive off a bridge that to live and breathe one more second. I picked up the baby and we had a nice time together. Had to stop at the store for milk and I ended up spending $8 on stuff I really didn’t need. That’s how it goes when you stop for $1.67 carton of milk. You think of all the stuff you suddenly have to have before payday. Go figure.

We made a light dinner and then watched Tom & Jerry and then I took him home. Afterwards, I worked on the book a little here and there, but not much progress since my brain was kind of tired from thinking hard all day.

And so here I sit. Facing another day. The only nice thing about today is…it’s hump day. We’re halfway to the weekend. Thank goodness.

Now I’m off to work. Happy Wednesday, ya’ll.

By Michelle

I wish you all could be inside my head. The conversation is sparkling.