Here and There

Why does Monday always come so fast? It seems like you blink and it’s here.

This weekend was busy for me, seeing as how I didn’t have my kiddo with me. Saturday I had RWA. Good meeting, as always. Had lunch and then didn’t break from the group until nearly 2. I headed home… only to be stuck on 820 in bumper to bumper traffic. And being stuck in that kind of traffic in 102 degree heat, quite frankly, sucks. A normal 10 minute drive turned into 30.

That’ll learn me to ever get on 820 again. Ever. I will be taking the back roads from now on.

After I got home and out of the heat, I puttered around the house a little bit. I did end up going to Bed Bath & Beyond and made some purchases… which I ended up taking back on Sunday. I don’t know what I was thinking – the 4-tier shelf I bought had no home in my home, so back it went. When I returned it on Sunday, the store completely beat me down. There was this dumb woman in front of me who yakked on her bluetooth the entire time she was in line, didn’t bother to hang up when she got to the counter. And, incidentally, she was brining her coupon she “forgot” the day before to get her $10 back. It took FOR-EVER for her to get her discount and then this asshole butted in front of me in line.

I was highly agitated by the time I left that store. I may never patronize it again.

Anyway… went grocery shopping Saturday night, got home, unloaded grocersy, talked to my mom on the phone for at least an hour and a half. I guess we had a lot to say! While we talked, I managed to polish off a half a bottle of wine on an empty stomach. No wonder I was woozy by the time I hung up! I sputtered out some drivel in Word (i.e., yes, I wrote), emailed a few friends in my drunken stupor and then went to bed to pass out.

Sunday morning I awoke at 6:30 am… to the sound of the next door neighbor’s lawn mower. Yes, folks, you read that right. I was livid! SIX THIRTY AM!!! C’MON! At least wait until 7:30 when it’s somewhat a decent hour. I was ticked. Of course I get the neighbor wanting to get the yard mowed before it got hot (it was another scorcher today) but that’s just downright rude and inconsiderable. It’s Sunday for crying out loud!

My yard remains shamefully unmowed. Ask me if I care. 😉

I finally managed to go back to sleep until nearly 9, though, at which point I stumbled out of bed for a cup of java.

I started laundry and rambled around the house a bit before heading to church. Got home, changed, ate lunch, and then ran errands (see above the BB&B story). Went to Lowe’s to pick up a few small things including a birthday present for my boy. He wants a flashlight, so I bought him his first maglite. Then I went to Walmart which was actually pleasant after the beating I took at BB&B. Got another birthday present for my boy.  It seems he wants to have his birthday at Chuck E Cheese which makes me throw up a little in my mouth at the thought…

After I got home from running around, I cleaned house and only collapsed at about 6 pm with my book. I read in peace and quiet until the kiddo came home and actually finished my book. Now I’m wondeirng what to read next.

I have another story percolating in my head. It’s another fantasy story and I am seriously starting to think my “calling” is YA fantasy fiction. I devour it every chance I get. I love reading fantasy. So maybe it’s time I choose this and just go with it. I’m still at the point of figuring out where I am and what I’m doing, but I feel like I’m getting closer to resolution. This whole last rejection thing has really turned me on my ear and made me do some deep thinking. It’s all good.

I had fully intended to have “me” time this weekend but ended up running all over creation and cleaning house instead. So much for that. However, I did something very important – I read, I cleaned, AND I vacuumed behind the bed and got up all the cat hair. Very important indeed!

By Michelle

I wish you all could be inside my head. The conversation is sparkling.