I made a pumpkin
It took me about two hours to get the tape on the pumpkin in the chevron design. Then after that, I started painting it white. I had some problems when it was time to pull the tape off but all in all, it came out pretty good. I want to do another one with a different design. 🙂
If you want project instructions, click here.
The project said to use acrylic paint which I think is a great idea. But in hindsight, I think I would have taped it off and then used white spray paint as a shortcut. Of course, that takes away from some of the fun. 🙂
It now resides outside with me other fall décor. We got cooler temps so that made me want to get all the fall stuff out and start decorating for Halloween. Not everything is up yet but I have most of the fall stuff out. Now all I need are some mums. Maybe I can pick some up next week.
I adore fall. It’s such a relief after the long, hot summer. At least this summer wasn’t as brutal as it has been the last couple of years. It’s such a relief to get those 80 degree days instead of 100+ days.
I also baked cookies and bread this weekend. I was feeling rather domestic I suppose. When I wasn’t baking, I cleaned and did laundry while the husband did yard work.
It was a pretty productive weekend. I got most everything done. The only thing I didn’t get done was write like I wanted to. Saturday was pretty much a bust. Husband and I were both going to work while the kid was at his friend’s house hanging out. But they were putting a new roof on next door and there was no way we could get anything done with all the banging. They started at 8:30 am, waking us all up. At least they were done in a day.
I have a book to finish this week. I really want to get it out by October 15 – that’s the goal anyway. So I will need to bust it this week to get it done. Wish me luck.