I Survived Six Flags

Thanks to everyone who stopped by my Samhain post on Friday! 🙂

We had a blast at Six Flags on Friday but boy was I one tired mamma when I got home. My friend got the Flash Pass – which allows you to, essentially, cut in line. You make a line reservation for the big thrill rides so you don’t have to wait in line. It was TOTALLY worth it, too. We rode everything in the 8 hours we were there.

I’ve never been on the Titan before – 24 stories high and 85 mph. Um, yeah, it totally kicked my butt. It’s sad that I’m not as young as I used to be and can’t handle those rides as well. But my child…is fearless. He will ride ANYTHING and more than once. We rode the Shock Wave twice (no line!). After every ride, he’d shout it was awesome and then immediately ask if we could do it again. We rode Tony Hawk’s Big Spin twice (the third time he wanted to ride it, they had shut it down).

We got on the water rides and then smelled like dirty Six Flags water the rest of the day (ew). I was so tired by the time we hit the door at 7:30, all I wanted to do was collapse. I bought us dinner at Chick-Fil-A because I couldn’t face cooking and we were just too dirty to go some place and sit down.

I couldn’t wait to get into the shower and wash the filthy grim off. After I got cleaned up, I put the kiddo in the tub and washed him down. He was so dirty. That bed had never felt so good before by the time I climbed in.

And just as I was starting to doze off… there was this monstrous sound that scared the crap out of me. I sat up straight, my heart racing and my hands shaking. I seriously thought someone was trying to break in. Turns out, it was the bathroom tile…falling off the wall and into the bathtub. I was NOT happy about that. Four rows of tile fell off the rotting wall.

I can’t afford to replace the entire bath area yet, so on Saturday I went to Lowe’s and bought adhesive and caulk and fixed it. It was hard work but I got it done. That tile isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, either. It’s a temporary fix until I can demo the entire bath area, put in a real shower, and re-tile it.

After resting up a bit, we headed to the grocery store and I managed to stay under budget (YAY!). We had frozen pizza for dinner – lazy mom – and then I was, once again, happy to be in bed.

I have bruises all over me from Six Flags and the bathroom repair. My poor legs look awful. I won’t be wearing a skirt anytime soon. hehe

Sunday we went to church and I had fully intended on going to the movies that afternoon. Instead, we went to Blockbuster. I let the kiddo rent a Wii game and I got Fool’s Gold. We stayed in the rest of the afternoon and just hung out. I think we needed the downtime. I know I was still in recovery mode from Six Flags and Bathroom. I’m so sore, still. It’s awful.

I did dabble with the Magic book a little on Saturday and some on Sunday. I also got the chapter newsletter done and out the door. I have about eight contest entries I need to read and judge by August 1, so I guess I better get started on those this week. I want to get the done and returned so I don’t have to worry about them anymore.

I hope to get more writing done on the Magic book…and I’m actually considering submitting the first 20 pages to an RWA chapter contest. I think it might actually have a shot at a final. Hm.

Another short week for me – yay! Still have no idea what I’m doing for the 4th. Probably nothing spectacular.

By Michelle

I wish you all could be inside my head. The conversation is sparkling.