I’m beat

I think I’ve finally hit the wall, so I’m going to write this entry and then it’s off to bed. I’m sure most of you won’t read this until in the morning.

Saturday was so busy. I went to a Mary Kay “Muffins and Makeovers” early and got a make-over. I like doing that sometimes because you can get all glammed up before going somewhere else.

As it turns out, I was having lunch with an old friend. It was great to catch up! But I didn’t get home until 2:30 and then I had tons of stuff to do before I left again for the evening. I rattled around the house and got some things done and then it was off again. I didn’t get home until nearly 10 and I literally fell into bed.

Then Sunday I got up at 6 and went to the sunrise service at church for Easter. So my boss and another co-worker there. The service was nice. After that, I went back home, finished my grocery list and then headed to the “big” Wal-Mart for serious grocery shopping.

I hate those trips where you’re out of everything that’s expensive. This time I was out of everything that was small an inexpensive, but EVERY THING. Plus, I’ve started clipping coupons and I can save on average anywhere from $6-7. It’s worth it to me to spend the time doing that.

The kiddo came back to me late Sunday night. Monday started off all over again with the same ol’-same ol’. It’s Teacher Appreaciation Week and we have to do something special every day. Tuesday is bring her favorite treat, so we went to Walgreen’s and got her a Butterfinger. And of course, the kiddo ended up talking me into Sour Skittles (yuck) for himself.

We got homework done and since I didn’t feel like cooking, we had a low-maintenance dinner night. Then he played Wii only to discover with some horror he had left the disc to his favorite game at his dad’s. And of course, his dad is out of town. Yes, it was a tragedy.

Luckily, we got it all worked out. His grandparents don’t like too far away and since they were going to be in the area, they swung by, picked him up, and took him to his dad’s to get his game. As soon as he walked in the door, though, he wanted to play it. I said no and put him in the tub instead. Much to his disappointment.

I’ve decided that there is a limited amount of time on the Wii. Especially during the week. So I’ve made the ground rules very clear – when I say get off, get off. And when I say no, I mean it. Don’t ask again. Don’t beg or plead because that’s just going to get you grounded.

Aren’t I a mean Momma? haha

We got him washed and in his PJs and then in bed, finally. And then of course we had the I’m hungry/I’m thristy bit. sigh Never fails. He loves to stall bedtime and drive his mother mad.

Anyway…I’m wrapping up the final things I need to do for the contest. I think I may have lost my mind because I volunteered to judge two more contests this summer. Ah well. It’s good for me, plus I get experience and exposed to other writers.

I joined a new RWA chapter this evening, too. I’m very much looking forward to being a member and interacting with them. As far as the writing goes – I’m so behind. I have to finish reading the galley this week and turn in my edits by the 31st. Got to get it done this week! 

All right, that’s it for me. I’m off to bed since I can barely keep my eyes open.

By Michelle

I wish you all could be inside my head. The conversation is sparkling.