Monday Blah

Hey I’m blogging over at ShoeIQ with my top ten list, so check it out.

And dear Sophisticated Writer – please email me again. I’m having difficulty getting my messages going through to you.

The weekend is a blur. Friday night I picked up the Sweetie Boy and my mom and we went to dinner at Applebee’s – the baby LOVES Applebee’s. He got a grilled cheese and ate all the cheese out of it. It was cute. Then we headed back across town to my house and I was so exhausted all I wanted to do was crawl into bed. But we had a bit of a crises – it seems the baby forgot Blankie. THIS is a tragedy when this happens. He can’t sleep without it. So we had to get his Pawpaw to bring it over.

The next day I had RWA – which was a great meeting with a very interesting speaker. After the meeting, I ran home, ate lunch and then had some errands to get done before the housewarming. All I wanted were a couple of balloons to put on the mailbox so folks could find the house but it turned into an hour and a half jaunt. And Chick-Fil-A didn’t have my nugget tray order. The manager was nice enough to make one up for me pronto and knock off $5 since they lost the order. I was agitated, to say the least.

Back home, I got the espresso brownies (which are deadly!) in the oven with the help of Sweetie Boy. He licked the beaters. One of the gifts my mom gave me was an apron she made. I’ve never had an apron in my life but I love it. I put it on to bake and my son looks at me with a huge grin and says, “Hey, Mom, you look just like a lunch lady.”


Not very many folks came on Saturday. Mom and I polished off a bottle of chardonnay almost before the first guest arrived. Realtors Extraordinaire came and I was totally happy to see them. We had a good time and we all ate way too much food.

I was so tired, but I couldn’t sleep that night. My allergies have been awful these last few days and every time I laid down flat, my head would clog up. It was miserable. The next morning, I was moving slowly even after two or three cups of coffee. Took Mom home and we ended up going out to lunch and stuffing ourselves silly. If Boyfriend had been working the early shift, we were going to go to his restaurant and make him buy us lunch since he ended up working until 10 on Saturday night.

After lunch on Sunday, we went to Bed Bath & Beyond where I spent every penny of my gift card. I got some great things for the house, though. A really cool mesh drawer divider; new cookie sheets; and a stainless steel utensil holder. Then I drove home and took a two hour nap. It was greatness.

I sort of wandered around the house last night and didn’t do much of anything. I did finish cleaning up the kitchen from the party and my laundry but other than that I just took it easy. Then talked to Boyfriend and ended up spending some time with him late last night (since he was closing) and this morning I have one of those not-enough-sleep-and-too-many-martinis headaches. I’m desperate for coffee.

Working on my first cup. I’m also starving so I think I’ll go get my breakfast.


By Michelle

I wish you all could be inside my head. The conversation is sparkling.