My Latest Stitching Project
So today I thought I’d write about my latest stitching project. This is called “King Arthur and Guinevere” from Vermillion Stitchery. You can see the whole design here. I’m stitching this on 28-count linen.
I started this project more than nine years ago, when my son was just starting to toddle around and get into things. I used to stitch all the time before he was born. It was something I taught myself to do that was an inexpensive hobby (at first! haha). I did it when I lived in my first apartment. I’d sit in front of Food Network and stitch for hours on end. Anyway, when he was small and had little grabby hands, I had to put this project down. There were too many things that he could swallow (beads, needles) and get hurt on (scissors, needles).
I didn’t start stitching again until late 2010. I started back up on Christmas ornaments and then went from there. I made a moonlit cabin for the husband and a very difficult tiger for the kiddo. It only took me six months to finish each one of them. I expect this one will take a lot longer. 🙂 I picked it back up whith most of this done, except for the top of their heads/crowds. I finished that part this weekened. It’s a shame you can’t see all the sparkly thread in the picture. It’s really pretty. I did have some problems with his crown/head. Imperfections in the linen cause sone of the rows to be a little uneven so I had to make it work. Of course, only I know where the mistake is. 😉 Next, I’m going to work on the gryphon that’s on top of his head. And then I’ll have to figure out where to go from there. The pattern itself is four pages that I photocopied and taped together.
So that’s what I’m working on, among other things. I have a fairy to stitch next, but that probably won’t get started until next year. 😆
Here’s the tiger I finally finished. It came out really good, I think. Those leaves were hard!