Notes From Nationals
Yesterday was a crap day. Can’t go into it but hopefully today will be better.
To cheer myself up, I thought I’d post some observations from Nationals.
1. No matter how big the conference is, you will constantly run into the same people. Over and over. It’s an odd thing really.
2. Agents and editors are people, too. They just want folks to talk to them and ask about THEM. Funny how that works, eh?
3. Late nights and early mornings are a conference must.
4. Conference overload usually happens somewhere around day 2.
5. Some conference goers have zero social etiquette. Sad, but true.
6. Drinks, drinks and more drinks!
7. The literacy signing can cause you to spend more money than you intended.
8. Always ship books home!
9. You have a triumphant moment of “I can do this!”
10. You have a horrific moment of “I can’t do this!”
And now… the great Linda Howard (on the left) and Linda Jones.