Spring Clean

So yesterday I got bored and since I was avoiding doing what I was supposed to do… I pulled the weeds out of the flower bed. And then picked up the trash in the front and back yards.

And then I cleaned all the ashes out of the fireplace and vacuumed it. By then, the Sweetie Boy had arrived. And by 7, I was ready to kill him.

He likes to play computer games but he’s a real stinker when it’s time to get off. I gave him 30 minutes and he argued with me when it was time. He shoved the keyboard tray closed, knocking the keyboard and mouse off to the floor and then he KNEW he was in big trouble. I sent him to his room. He called me a dummy and slammed the door. He screamed he hated me and wanted me to “get away” from him.

After I let him scream and holler for a few minutes, I went into his room and told him if he was going to act that way, then he could forget the zoo and bowling and whatever else I had planned for him. Because boys who act like that don’t get to do fun things. I was so angry.

I know most of his outburst was because he was tired. I could tell he was. He looked it. He finally calmed down and we made up. I gave him bath and then put him to bed but – like me – this time change has screwed up his system. It was after 10 before he went to sleep and after 11 for me.  

I finished judging my contest entries and got them in the mail today. Whew! Glad that’s over and done with.

We slept until 9:30 today! It really kind of screwed up my entire day. I wanted to get started way earlier than that.

This morning, as I had cinnamon rolls in the oven, the Sweetie Boy apologized for calling me names and acting bad. I was glad he decided to do that on his own. He was very lovable all day long. Super good when we went to the bank (two different ones for two different kinds of business), the post office, and then WalMart.

It’s been kind of a lazy day. At WalMart, I got him Peter Pan and Galaxy Quest on DVD. We’ve already watched both. And then I had to talk to work about some things. I’ve been trying to get hooked up to the VPN here at the house with my new work laptop. After talking with IT for a good long while – he was patient with this IP-Address-Challenged girl – we got it to work. I had a conflict with my IP address, apparently, and he walked me through getting it fixed so I could really work from home. I can now get my work email and all the networks drives…which could be a bad thing. 😉 Actually, it’s a good thing. I’m glad it’s working because now if I ever need to, I really can work from home.

We had dinner and now he’s playing all the games and activities on the bonus CD of Peter Pan. At least he’s not buried in his Gameboy – that drives me crazy! I banished him from the computer today after last night’s outburst.

Tomorrow I go to pick up my mommy. Which reminds me – I need to give her a call.

I burned off about 5 GIG of music off my PC yesterday and today. It’s been running slow and acting weird, so I cleaned up the hard drive and then defraged it. It seems to be doing much better now. I have my eye on an 80 GIG external hard drive, though, for storage of all these files. That way I can keep the CDs as back up AND back up my files that can’t be lost on the external. It’s always good to have more than one back up. 🙂

Okay that’s it for me. I need to go do dishes. I’ll be back tomorrow for more blog-a-thon and Spring Break!

By Michelle

I wish you all could be inside my head. The conversation is sparkling.