Super Busy Weekend

Hey I’m blogging at ShoeIQ today if you wish to hop over. Click here! 🙂

This weekend flew by. I can’t believe it’s Monday already. So not fair.

Friday night started with a visit with The Man. We had a few drinks and a lot of laughs. He totally cracks me up and we always have a good time together.

Got home really late and crashed immediately. Had RWA on Saturday and it was a super good meeting. Got lots accomplished and planned for the next year. We have a great retreat planned in October and our secretary is trying to set up a super cool workshop for us in May.

After the meeting, I picked up the baby boy from the sitter and then headed home for a quick bite to eat. Then we hit the road for the pool party. It was a little over an hour drive. And the exit I was supposed to take was closed! THAT was interesting. I figured out how to get there, though, finally.

Went to the pool and we had a great time. My friend was having a birthday party for her son and we had pizza and cupcakes and presents and lots and lots of swimming. My kid is like a little fish. I couldn’t get him out of the water hardly. And yes, I even put on a bathing suit and swam. Used SPF 30 and eneither one of us got sunburned. A very good thing!

We were at the pool for about three hours. Headed home finally and got there about 8. Then the baby boy and I sat down and watched Shrek. I still laugh at some of my favorite lines in that movie. By the time it was over, it was nearly ten!

We crashed.

I had intended to get up and go to church on Sunday but we both slept way late. In fact, the baby boy crawled in bed with me sometime during the night and I woke up on the edge of the bed with achy muscles. Apparently, it nearly did me in swimming all that time.

Anyway, we got off to a slow start. I had taped this Ben 10 movie for the Sweetie Boy and he was all about watching it. I made him stop about half way through so we could get the grocery shopping done. It was a fast shop too. I had only an hour and then I had to hit the road for the luncheon-fest.

We got through the store in record time. AND I saved $8.00 in coupons. Check this out – I had a coupon for $2 off for the new Dawn foam. Well, Wal-Mart’s price was $2.97, which meant I got it for .97 cents! WOOHOO! (Of course, I still spent more than I intended and the checking account is in the red until payday…but at least I saved $8.00 in coupons!)

As soon as we got home, we unloaded (the baby boy helped) and I put all perishables away and then we hit the road. I called to let them know I was going to be a few minutes late. We got there and celebrated Best Good Friend’s birthday at Macaroni Grill. We visited and had a really nice meal and then it was back to her mom’s house for dessert. I had to hit the road again pretty soon, though, since I wasn’t done with laundry and I knew the baby would be going back to his dad for two weeks.

Back at home, I finished putting away the groceries (blech) and did FIVE loads of laundry, cleaned house, and started taking the office apart (I’m painting this next weekend). I cooked tilapia for dinner and after the baby boy left, I sat down with a glass of wine and a movie. And then…I was pretty much ready to collapse.

I drove over 200 miles this weekend. It’s a good damn thing I get GREAT gas mileage in my rollerskate. 😀

Once I get the office painted, it’s on to the kitchen cabinets. The house is really starting to come together and it’s sooo me. I love it. At the end of September, it will be my one year anniversary here and I will have accomplished the first goal I set: paint the entire house (interior) in the first year. Go me!

Okay that’s it for me. I owe, I owe. It’s off to work I go!

By Michelle

I wish you all could be inside my head. The conversation is sparkling.