Thursday at long last

I can’t believe I haven’t blogged in two days. I’ve been busy trying to catch up on everything I’ve been ignoring for the last few weeks. My email inbox was full and there were a lot of loose ends I needed to tie up. I think I’m finally caught up for the moment. Now awaiting final judges to return entries on the contest and then I’m officially done with that.

So, how’s the writing going, you ask? Terrible. Non-existent. Because I’ve been so busy lately and ignoring all my chapter business, writing is, sadly, the last thing on the agenda. Which totally sucks. And it’s frustrating. Once this year is over, I will only be responsible to one board, thank goodness. I think I’m seriously about to burn myself out.

I sit and thing how awesome it will be when I no longer sit on a board (because after 2010 that is IT…at least for a while) and all I have to worry about is finishing my next book. Right now I feel like a ferret on crack. Like there aren’t enough hours in the day and guess what? There are only 50 days left until Christmas.

Which means the holiday season is about to be in full swing. And I still have an extra couch in my living room that desperately needs to GO. If anyone with a pick-up truck wants to come get it and take it off my hands, I would be MORE THAN happy to help you shove it to the front door. 😉

Man has a business trip for this week and so yesterday we carpooled to work and then I picked him up at lunch and took him to the airport. I thought for Wednesday night, once I got the kid in bed, I could sit down and write but NOOOO. The kid had 8 pages of homework because, apparently, he’s day-dreaming in class and not getting his class work done. With makes me crazy. And of course, he diddled on that and it took him an hour and a half to get it done. And we didn’t get home until after 6 and didn’t eat dinner until nearly 7. So you know how the evening went.

I did plan ahead for dinner tonight, though. I’m making beef stew in the crockpot all day (YUM). Last night, I chopped up onions and carrots. Now all I have to do is throw it all together and let it cook. LOVE those kinds of dinners. Easy clean-up, too. Anyway, by the time I got him in bed, I was nearly falling down with exhaustion. I’d had a particularly busy work day. So instead, I laid my fat-butt on the couch and watched the Stars-Flames game. Great game, too. Then once the game was over, I managed to drag myself off to bed with the Mini. I *did* get some words in, though not nearly as much as I’d like.

Is it just me or is this the Longest Week Known To Man?

Thank goodness today is Thursday!

By Michelle

I wish you all could be inside my head. The conversation is sparkling.