I think I ran my legs off this weekend!

Friday night started out with lots of errands. Post office, Barnes & Noble, Walgreen’s, Boston Market. Saturday we got up and I started some laundry then it was off to the soccer fields. The game before us was 30 minutes behind and it was frigging COLD. It would haven’t been so bad if it wasn’t for the wind which just cut right through. I bundled up the kiddo in layers. I sat on the bleacher (like a block of ICE) huddled inside a blanket. I think I was frozen by the time we got out of there. Then we had to be outside some more at the end of season party. The coaches open up their house to us and let the kids play in the backyard while us adults got warm inside and out of the wind.

My fear is that the kiddo will get sick after that and so far he hasn’t. However, he’s very congested so I’m worried about him. He goes back to his dad this week and I know if he doesn’t get the proper care, he’ll end up with a bad head cold. So I will leave instructions with this dad to make sure he’s taken care of. I’m sure he won’t appreciate that but – hey – it’s Mom’s Prerogative. Right?

Saturday night I had to get to the grocery store and it was a total beating. I spent way too much money there but I had to get stuff for Thanksgiving, for the potluck at work and for this Operation Christmas Child thing I did with the church. So it wasn’t all just food stuff. It took over an hour to shop, get home, unload. And then of course we were both hungry so we ended up eating dinner at around 8. I was exhausted and literally FELL into bed. Actually, that’s not entirely true… I laid on the couch to rest for a few minutes and passed out. I woke up at 12:30 and stumbled to bed where I commenced to have nightmares. I dreamed my kiddo got kidnapped and woke up in a cold sweat. Yeah, not a happy experience. Then I had restless dreams the rest of the night.

I got up at 8 am on Sunday, started more laundry and then got the kiddo up at 9 am. We had to hit Walgreen’s again for more Operation Christmas Child stuff (I had to fill a shoebox size box and it wasn’t quite full) and then he wanted donuts, so we stopped there. I hate I succumbed to the donut but I did. Then it was off to church.

After that we had to run to Garden Ridge for some stuff for my company’s annual awards banquet. They didn’t have everything I wanted – naturally – and I ended up getting more stuff for myself ($75 of more stuff but it was all 50% off!). Then we went to Michael’s and THEY didn’t have everything either so I still have to get to yet another store. ARGH.

Ended up at B&N again and saw Man and his daughter there. We chatted for a bit and then I realized it was after 2 and we hadn’t eaten lunch and the kiddo was starving so we left there and stopped at Sonic for more fat food. Got home, ate, did chores, put the kid on the wii and then… I sat down to write.

When I started writing, I was behind but managed to make it up and then some. I made it to just over 28K! I put in a hot and sexy scene that lasted for about 15 pages. HA! I love gratuitous sex. And then as I was aimlessly writing, trying to come up with stuff, I got a surprise. Apparently, Caesar is getting a visit from Pharaoh. So, um, that should be interesting! Pharaoh arrives in three story-days. 😀

Wednesday I have to be in Dallas half a day for work and then Friday is the office potluck. And THEN… the next week is Thanksgiving (are you kidding me?!?). And then after that things just get zippy fast! I’m decorating the house for Christmas the 29th. I can’t wait. I’m so excited! Man is going to put up lights and everything. WOOT. Guess that means I need to get the house cleaned and ready for Christmas this weekend.

I still have a few Christmas presents to buy for the kiddo and then – I AM DONE. Completely done. YAY! So sometime this week I need to get to: Majestic Liquor, Party City, Walmart, Toys R Us, and Things Remembered. I’m tired just thinking about that all…

Happy Monday!

By Michelle

I wish you all could be inside my head. The conversation is sparkling.