It’s been a whirlwind weekend.

Friday when I got home from dinner with Mom and Kid in tow, my new wonderful internet and television connection was dead. Again. Can I tell you how thrilled I was about that? Yeah. Super thrilled.

So I called them and was on the phone with technical support for about 45 minutes and they decided they’d have to send a tech out. So I took the first available slot between 8-10 am on Sunday.

He showed up at 8:15. And discovered after running some tests, my phone line was bad. He called and put in a trouble ticket and got another tech out here (for the phone line) and they ran a new line. He powered up the router again and still no connection. Finally, he decided the router might be bad and switched it out with a new one and TADA that was the problem.

So the bad phone line fried the router. I TOLD them I had a bad phone line before. I also told them I thought the router was bad. I was right. I love being right.

Anyway, the tech who came for the internet/televison thing was sweet. Very young, though. But he did a great job and he was patient and very conscientious. If it had been me, I would have thrown all my tools down and said eff it. HAHA He was a movie fan and a gamer and we could actually have a conversation about that stuff. It helped pass the time since he was stuck here waiting on the phone guy to come fix the line.

So now I’m back up and running AGAIN. Let’s hope it sticks this time.

Brother came and picked up Mom and futon – yay! The futon is out of my house! I’m so happy to be rid of that. Now the baby boy’s closet is empty, which is a wonderful thing because I need the space for his clothes.

The birthday party yesterday went really well. However, it did rain a bit and caused the roof of the bounce house to sort of sag. So I had to get in there with a broom, bounce up and down to get the water off. And then use towels to dry it out. I’ve never been so worn out in my life. haha He got TONS of great toys, though.

After the guests left, it was just the fam and we cooked fried chicken and mashed potatoes. It was yummy.

My house was totally trashed by the time everyone was gone. Got it all cleaned up now and I’m all alone once again. It’s so quiet. It’s weird.

But now I’m going to go work on Nice Girls Do edits…I hope to get a good portion knocked out today and tomorrow!

By Michelle

I wish you all could be inside my head. The conversation is sparkling.