Last night I was wound up tight as a clock. I think I’ve heard my mom say that before. Anyway… lack of sleep and caffeine and stress will do that to a person. I called a friend or two and chatted incessantly. I think they were glad when I finally hung up. Not sure I ever paused long enough to draw a breath. HA!
It’s like all the adrenaline rushed through my veins at once and BOOM I was bouncing off the walls.
I slept on my neck weird the other night so it’s been hurting the last couple of days. I used my BeautiControl Spa neckwrap and OOHH it felt so good. It has relaxing herbs inside it (lavender I think) and you’d THINK it would help me sleep, but OH NO. Was up until the wee hours again.
I’m headed for a serious crash of massive proportions.
Oh well. You only live once, right? I will probably sleep very late this weekend.
And here’s my other problem. I will think of something I need to do, start to get up and go do it … and then totally go blank. Is that old age? Or something else? I’m frightened, Auntie Em. I’m frightened.
I got this email of top ten failed sequels – it was hilarious but I can’t remember any of them to save my life – and naturally I forwarded it on to my best good friend. She then replied with her list of top ten men she would “do”. She listed each name followed by an explanation. I saw her list and thought – HEY! Great idea. I’m going to do that too.
So I sent her this:
10. Gerard Butler
9. Gerard Butler
8.Â Gerard Butler
7.Â Gerard Butler
6.Â Gerard Butler
5.Â Gerard Butler
4.Â Gerard Butler
3.Â Gerard Butler
2.Â Gerard Butler
1.Â Gerard Butler
Obsess much? Ya think!
Actually, thinking of top ten lists made me really want to make one of my own, so here it is.
Top Ten things I Hate
10. People who need constant validation at their jobs. Get over it already. Shut your mouth and do your job. No one and I do mean NO ONE wants to hear about how great you are ANYMORE. If you have to TELL people how great you are, then you probably aren’t.
9. Men who think it’s “cute” that I write romance. Um. It’s not cute, dude, it’s my profession. :yelling:
8. Men who want to know if I’m “kinky” because I write romance. It’s not about me. :talktohand:
7. Men who think they’re romance hero material. If you have to ask, you probably aren’t. :censored:
6. When you sit at a stoplight and happen to glance up in the rearview mirror and notice the guy in the Mini CooperÂ isÂ totally “digging for gold”. Sheesh. Could you not?Â No one and I mean NO ONE wants to see that! :plain:
5. When you’re exhausted beyond all means and all you want to do is climb in bed because you’re so tired you’re falling asleep in your dinner plate yet when you get into bed all you can do is stare at the ceiling and think of the 1000 things you forgot to do that day and the 1000 things you have to do the next day. :hissyfit:
4. Finding dead bugs the cat has already had fun playing with. Ew.
3. Opening the freezer and realizing you have NOTHING to eat so you opt for a bag of extra buttery popcorn and a coke for dinner. WOOHOO! Junk food! :thumbsup:
2. Wearing your favorite green and white circular skirt, walking outsideÂ and seeing your reflection in the mirrored doors of the building just as a gust of wind comes up and blows your skirt right up, thereby flashing all of 7th street behind you…and you’re wearing a thong. :sealed:
1. Squash. No offense to all the squash lovers of the world – but I hate the stuff. Blech.
Alrighty then. Enough of this nonsense. Happy Thursday, ya’ll!