Because it’s the end of the year and it’s that time to think about goals and such, I thought I would post some of the things I’d like to get accomplished next year. Not all are writing-related, either. Some are on the home front, which also needs a smattering of attention.
1. Write and write some more. Now that my duties as president are over and done with, I can truly focus on the one thing I love most: writing. I have two projects to finish for sure, plus I have ideas for a new series that I was gung-ho about a few months ago. What projects are those you ask? Why, let me illustrate for you.
- Finish the time travel/historical set in the Middle Ages. This is the jousting book that has been re-envisioned more times than I care to admit. I think I’m on the third total rewrite and this time it feels just right.
- Finish the space opera. I know why I stopped writing this one – because I got bored. And that means the reader will get bored if I continue with it. In pondering the storyline one day, I had a light bulb moment. I knew what I had to do with the story, where it had to go, and all the colorful characters that had to be in the story to help it get there. I can’t wait to get to it.
- Revise and resubmit the gladiator story, one last time for grins. It never hurts to try, I guess. I have a few more places I can send that book before I have total give up.
- One word: cowboys. That’s all I’m saying. 😉
2. Do better promotion. Because I need to boost my sales and because I really don’t wait to be in Cubeland forever.
3. Teach a workshop. I have no idea what that would be or even if I’d be a good teacher but I’d like to come up with a workshop to help supplement the income.
4. Go to Orlando, specifically Universal and Disney World, with the kiddo. I probably should go to Natioanls instead of Orlando but I promised the wee one that we’d go there and I aim to follow through.
5. Renovate Bathroom #2 and do something about the awful flooring in the living/dining/kitchen. An expensive venture but I think we’re getting to that point where it has to be done. One or the other, it not both.
So there’s a smattering of ideas I have in the agenda for 2011. How about you?