First of all -Â HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FRIEND LARA! She’s also a new mommy for the fourth time, so congrats on that too, dear. HUGS!
- Surf the ‘net. This is the ultimate in Time Suckage. I can’t think of a better way to blow an hour than by this. Call it research to make yourself feel better.
- Visit MySpace. Add as many new friends as you can. This is another Ultimate Time Suckage. Call it “networking”.
- Read and reply to ALL your email. Even if you get 100 messages a day. Even reply to Spam and tell them how much you hate them or really don’t need penile implants and/or things to make it pop up faster.
- Rummage through the pantry/fridge/cubbard looking for fattening food you don’t need. When you don’t find what you want, start over again until you give up. This can usually take at least 20 minutes or more depending on how desperate you are to have chocolate you know you don’t have.
- Look for podcasts. Even though you’re not a podcast fan, you suddenly have the urge to find all the podcasts in Creation, spend then next 20-30 minutes downloading them, and then listening to the hour plus shows.
- Pet the cat until he bites you.
- Rip CDs to your hard drive. Play them all back as you rip them.
- Sharpen all your pencils, even if they don’t need it. Curse the cheap-ass POS pencil sharpener you got before you toss it aside and give up.
- Try on and model your new shoes (all three pairs)Â for the cat.
- Pause to make the plotting board for the plotting workshop you’re taking because, after all, this is “homework”. Make the squares as precise as possible using your yard stick. Yeah, totally anal.
- Talk to your boyfriend/husband/significant otherÂ about nothing. See how many times he can tell you how exhausting you are and when he tries to hang up, come up with more things to tell him just to keep him on the phone and annoy him. Tell him things you’ve already said and then act surprised when he says you already told him.
Yeah, okay. So I have issues with time management lately. I’m pressuring myself to finish the book by the end of the month. Please, people. I need all the help I can get. Will you do me a favor and pester me about it? Crack those whips, folks. I need it.
So…my mom got her copy of A Bend In Time yesterday and she called and told me she read it in one afternoon. She said I needed to write longer books. hehe She liked it! She asked when book 2 would be out and I told her in print, most likely next April. “That’s too long to wait,” she said.
Actually. Not really. Especially considering I’m not done writing the book yet. And it still has to go for another round or two of editing.
Where’s that whip smilie? And speaking of smilies…why the hell can’t I get them to work anymore? Argh.
Oh well… At least I’ve completed chapter 9 of the rewrite! WOOHOO!