Quote du Jour:
I will wear my heart upon my sleeve; For daws to peck at.
—Othello, Act i., Scene 3
My Sysenlaw and I were talking the other day about the best year of our lives. She mentioned a few of last things she did in 1994. As I was thinking about that year, I realized THAT was, by far, the best year of my life. I was 23, a little wild, a lot drunk, and just downright silly.
1994 was the last time I:
Drank Jose Cuervo from the bottle (and even hugged the bottle)
Went to a party just to get drunk because it was free booze
Stayed out late EVERY Thursday night and then dragged my hungover ass to work early Friday morning (how DID I do that??)
Climbed up a DJ stand to request Abba
Swore Iâ€™d never have children
MUDed (with daily cave runs; donâ€™t make me explain it)
So what was the best year of your life?
And hereâ€™s another thing I decided to do (inspired by Sysenlaw). Make a list of all the things I want to do before I die. I havenâ€™t officially started this. So here is the official unofficial list. So far (in no particular order).
1. Go to Scotland
2. Go to Ireland
3. See the Pyraminds
4. Oh, and England.. yeah, go there
5. Scuba dive
6. Visit Australia
(I sense a theme here)
7. The Amazon. Always wanted to see it.
8. If I wasnâ€™t a big ole chicken, Iâ€™d say hang glide, but for all intents and purposes of this list, Hang Glide. (Is that one word or two?)
9. Iâ€™ve always wanted to dance on Broadway
10. Iâ€™ve always wanted to be a showgirl in Vegas (preferably a clothed one since I wouldnâ€™t want the patrons to get sickâ€¦)
11. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader â€“ always wanted to do that. Just once
12. oh.. DUH! Be published!!! Nothing like seeing my name in print on the cover of a paperback (hardback would be lovely)
13. Stand in Times Square on New Yearâ€™s Eve
14. Kiss someone I love on the Eiffel Tower
15. Float down the Nile like Cleopatra
16. Sleep in a castle
17. Get married in a castle (DOUBT that will ever happen since Iâ€™m never getting married again EVER)
Hm.. thatâ€™s all I can think of for now.
Whatâ€™s on your list?
Yesterday was the first day I identified myself as Mâ€™s Mommy. He got invited to his first birthday party and heâ€™s SOOO excited. His little friend is Spencer. So I called and talked with Spencerâ€™s Mommy and she said that Spencer talks about M all the time. Isnâ€™t that just the cutest thing? I love he has friends like that. Makes me all weepy. So on Saturday, weâ€™ll be going to Spencerâ€™s house for his birthday party. AW!
Got a crit back on Talk Dirty To Me yesterday so I worked on the edits. I think I NEED this. Maybe I can really get back to writing once I get the edits finished. Still tinkering with that short story, too.
Wellâ€¦ enough rambling. Off to work!